Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh, no! I'm getting a lump of coal!

So, John had us out the door in a heartbeat this morning.  I hardly had time to grab a cup of tea to go.  He said not to worry, we'll stop for a sausage biscuit.

We're tootlin' down the highway, and I see a Dunkin Donuts.  I haven't had Dunkin' Donuts in years!  John quickly pulls in and while he goes next door to Bojangles for the sausage biscuits, I go into the convenience store for the donuts.

At the counter, as I pay, I'm telling the clerk how long it's been since I caved to Dunkin.  "It's okay to be bad once in while," she says.  And I say, "I suppose if you've been good for years..."

We're back in the car, turning Miss GPS back on, settling the cups in their holders, seat belts on, radio on for Christmas cheer... John backs out, I'm unwrapping the biscuits, looking forward to the sinful donuts...

And it hits me!  It's Christmas and I have just publicly confessed to BEING BAD!

No comments: