Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advertisements

Hey!  That's kind of interesting.  Every post has a different set of ads!  I guess I thought it was an "ad of the day" thing, but if you click on different posts you come up with different ads.  Interesting.

They also said that when I first started letting Google put ads on the blog, the ads would not be very "targeted" to the content I was putting out there.  They have this thing called a "crawler" (I'm guessing that's a program not a person :-) that "crawls" through my blog, ( "Tron" like? ) picking out key words and making assumptions as to what advertisers might be a good link.  The more it crawls around (this is gettin' creepy...) the more targeted the ads get.  There seem to be a lot of hotels and vacation kinds of ads, but I'm thinkin' a medical traveler company should start advertising here ...  but what do I know?  Also, maybe companies that have personnel that travel a lot?  I can contract directly with companies to put their ads on our blog, too.

Traveling doesn't have to be all hotel rooms and airports, fast food and no fun.  (I mean good clean fun.)  There is so much to see and do out here in the world, especially if family can travel with you!  Folks need to EMBRACE life a lot more.  It can be glorious if you let it, if you laugh about the trials and tribulations instead of letting them get you down.  Joy, folks.  It's all about joy.


No comments: