Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My First Ever Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream

Hey!  We're from Texas.  We have Blue Bell Ice Cream; who needs Ben and Jerry's?

I can tell you that the selection of ice cream on Kauai was terrible.  That's strange.  You'd think in the tropics any and all brands of ice cream would be a big seller!  I was so looking forward to getting back for some great ice cream.  Unfortunately, we were only in Texas a week, never had a chance to get to the store, and there is no Blue Bell in Virginia.

All of this is probably good for my diet/waist/behind/befront/behemoth.

So, while in Fredericksburg overnight, John went to get us something for supper.  He pulled into a Wendy's and it was no longer a Wendy's.  He went for pizza and the line was a mile long.  By this time I had sent him a text asking that he stop at a drugstore and get some eyedrops.  He passed an freezer on the way to the checkout with the eyedrops and saw Ben and Jerry's.

Yup.  He picked up a pint of Strawberry Cheesecake - for a terribly high price - and that was our supper.  No spoons to be had, but I had bought a package of four metal forks (4 for a dollar - not classy, but better than plastic) a few weeks ago for a to-go meal we'd bought on one of our trips.  After washing them up I wrapped them in a ziplock baggie and put them in the pocket of the car.  John went to the car and got them, and we ate our Ben and Jerry's with forks.

Mmm-mmm-mmm.  Now I am a Ben and Jerry's fan, too!  (John bought it, so he can't complain about my behindy thing - but the price of Ben and Jerry's should keep it under control...)  But I still love Blue Bell best.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Mary, you will have to try Bubba's ice cream parlor here in Danville, while you are here. It has been here in Danville for all of my life and perhaps even longer. They served soft serve before soft serve was even thought of. Great milkshakes, sundae's and banana split.