Thursday, December 22, 2011

I gotta be dreamin'!

Doin' the deer watch out the kitchen window as usual.  There seem to be a lot more animals than usual; that's cool.  Wait a minute!  What's in heaven's name is THAT?  A baby elephant!?  I blink.  I blink a few more times.  Oh my goodness!  A CAMEL?  and two GORILLAS! 

Where's the camera!  Out the front door, oonch over to the edge of the porch, back against the wall.  Slowly, ever so slowly, turn the camera on, inch my head and the camera around the corner of the house.  Perfect shot ... push the button and ... the battery is deader than a doornail.  Aargh!  I'm gonna shoot John.  (You see, it's his camera so it must be his fault.)

The alarm clock goes off, and I wake up - not surprised that the elephant, camel, and gorillas are a dream, and not surprised that the dead battery is not.  This man needs a new camera for Christmas...

No comments: