Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Gifts

Well, for Christmas John got a bullet smoothie maker (officially known as a single serve blender.)  He made us a strawberry-banana smoothie that was pretty good.  I said, "Does this mean we can make a New Year's resolution to eat healthy smoothie's every night instead of chocolate candy?"  He said, "Sure.  Right after I finish eating a handful of double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts..."

I got him a super zoomie camera.  He used to be a professional photographer - has one camera that cost over $1,000 twenty-five years ago.  He's gone through many upgrades over the years, and I bought him another one for Christmas this year.  I was just SURE I'd gotten the very exact one he'd been looking at.  Wrong.  I always get it wrong.  Give me a screw or bolt, send me to the hardware store to get a dozen exactly like it.  I will have everyone including the store manager help me, and I will inevitably come home with the wrong thing...

I told him that it is totally okay to return the camera; in fact, I DEMAND that he return it and order what he wants.  So, John spent the afternoon surfing the internet, shopping for the one he really wants.  Now, John is not like most men - he LOVES to shop.  (No, ladies, you can't have him.  He's mine!)  And so to spend Christmas afternoon singing Christmas carols and surfing the net was just his cup of tea.  He hasn't told me which one he's decided on yet, but when he does I'll get things worked out to return and reorder - as long as he's looking over my shoulder, double-checking me and then verifying before I hit the send button.

Maybe, after he gets the new camera, the bear will come back by, and we can get some really good pictures!




No comments: