Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ponchos and Snowhats

Time left over, yarn left over.  Now what? 

Texas is having a hard winter.  Our son has sent us photos of horse troughs frozen so solid he can stand on the ice without it budging - and he's a long tall Texan!  Several snowfalls.  Just plum cold!

Maybe the grandkids could use, and the parents appreciate, some ponchos and snowhats?  The afghans are knitted; the ponchos and snowhats will be crocheted.  The afghans are huge; ponchos and snowhats won't take long at all.  I can do a snowhat a day, easy.  Ponchos won't take much longer.

Uh, oh.  I only have a couple of inches left and have run out of that color of yarn.  Hmmm.  Maybe I can do the remaining part in a different color, and when I sew the pieces together it will fold over the shoulder and look pretty good?  Worth a try.


Well, what do you think of the contrast.  Looks a okay to me! (Whew!)

Now, to box them all up and ship them to Texas.  Good thing for USPS's "If it fits it ships."  All of this knitted stuff compresses really good so, if I just carefully sit on the boxes...
Add some pretty tissue paper, a stuffed animal and, ta-ta!  An heirloom Christmas accomplished!

Just for good measure I crocheted up some extra, silly snowhats:




No comments: