Tuesday, September 20, 2011

If you have an iPhone...

Well, I've just had another pretty interesting conversation with AT&T about my iPhone eating up data when nobody's looking!  Now they're telling me that whenever I open an app, IT NEVER CLOSES unless I manually click the "home" button (that's the one at the center bottom of the phone face) push it twice, touch and hold any one of the apps that appear until they all jiggle and a red circle shows on each app icon, then touch the red circle.  Then, and only then, does the app close.  Leaving them open is what allows them to send and receive data when you're not lookin' - even when the phone is turned off.  You have to close each app individually.

When you push the home button twice, whatever apps appear across the bottom row are the ones that are open.  Scroll by swishing right to left to show additional apps that are open.  The supervisor at AT&T that I spoke with said she does this every night.

This is crazy.  I have no choice but to follow instructions and hope that this stops the huge amounts of data from being received/transmitted unbeknowst to me.

If you have an iPhone and try this, let me know how many apps you unknowingly had open and running for who knows how long.  Please, I'd love to hear back from you!

No comments: