Monday, September 26, 2011

Packing Up The Boogie Boards To Go Home

We did buy each of the grandkids their boogie board of choice, not knowing what we'd do with them when they left the island.  In the back of my mind I was determined to get them home - just completely unsure of how to accomplish that.  The morning of their flight I left the kids in the apartment packing and went to the airport looking for answers.  I got out, opened the hatch of the car, and began trying to explain the problem to a baggage person.  "If I wrap them in Saran Wrap and duct tape..."

The baggage guy was so sweet.  He smiled a little, said, "Just a minute," and stepped over to his kiosk.  He came back with the biggest "baggie" I had ever laid eyes on.  He said, "Try this."

We slipped all FOUR boogie boards into the bag.  He said, "I believe that will work!"


We made one final trip to one of everyone's favorite beaches.  (Without telling the parents EVERYthing we know about the place...)

(Yes, these all apply to Ke'e Beach...)

And delivered four happily exhausted kids to the airport for their flight back to the mainland.  Aloha!

A good time was had by all (to put it mildly!)

No comments: