Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg ... with John and me!



He just sat their, completely immobilize, still as a statue, absolutely enthralled with my rhetoric.  I was SO eloquent, so erudite ... Hmmm.  Now I can't remember a thing I said.  Well, no matter. I shook hands with a governor who became president, kissed a governor who is now a presidential candidate (at his request - in a very public setting), and "talked story" (as they say in Kauai) with Abraham Lincoln (so to speak.)  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

God alone knows what comes next.  Really.  Literally.  God knows.

This is John.  He's commiserating with Lincoln.  After being married to me for 25 years he knows just what Lincoln had to listen to.  :-)  Bless his pea-pickin' heart!  He still loves me!

No comments: