Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time to Confess

Ok, I feel compelled to confess now.  All that I have been telling you is the truth.  However, I've been trying to write it as if it were happening now.  It's not.  This all began over a year ago, and I've just now decided to follow my encouragers advice and begin blogging about it.  In the beginning we didn't know if one could actually make a steady living as a medical traveler, or how we were going to fit all the pieces of our life together to make sense out of what was happening.  John and I have trusted in the Lord since the first day of our meeting (well, longer than that, but definitely for the success of our relationship and marriage!), so we trusted Him in this medical traveler concept, too.  Guess what?  IT WORKS!  I started blogging because it works so welll that I want others to consider it, but if you've been considering it, I want you to actually pursue it.

So why am I fessing up now?  I wanted to tell you about yesterday's earthquake here in Virginia!  It's the first since 1897, and we were here for it!  Woohoo!  Now, you KNOW I wouldn't be woohoo-ing over this if anyone had gotten hurt or any super-significant damage was done.  It's just another awesome experience we've had as Travelers.  While in Hawaii we experienced (again, no significant damage) two tsunami's: one caused by the Japanese earthquake and one by an Australian earthquake.  Then we come here and there's this earthquake..  Now Hurricane Irene is headed to the North Carolina/Virginia coast.  My son said, "Mom, trouble just seems to follow you wherever you go!"  Of course, he's been back in Texas all this time taking care of our hearth and home, and it's been 100+ degrees for how many days in a row?  Seems he has a disaster of his own to care for!

Well, here I am sitting in the ol' easy chair reading a Christian novel set during the Civil War (as we are in Danville, the last seat of the Confederate government), and the farmhouse we're leasing starts to rumble and the windows start to rattle.  It was kinda of like a tsunami is different from a wave - it went on for awhile - and then another little rattle and rumble.  I thought to myself, hmmm, that's an awful lot like that little earthquake I went through in San Francisco in the 60's.  I wonder if they have earthquakes in Virginia, too?  I look up at the TV, and I could tell something out of the norm was going on.  I turn up the sound, and they're kind of excited about the earthquake shaking their studio!  Then the very first (of many) messages I get on my cell phone is from our Sunday School teacher in Hawaii! asking if we are okay.  How funny is that !?! 

I'm sure you all know the rest of the story from all of the news reports that have been on news channels, so I guess I can go back to my time machine and pick up where I left off in Hawaii.  But now you know that you will be getting the highlights of our time traveling and not have to put up with boring blog details of how many cups of tea I had with breakfast, etc.  You'll just be getting the good stuff.  And boy, is there some good stuff left to share with you.  I'm tell ya', being a medical traveler is a really good deal!  I'll see you back on Kauai!

1 comment:

SMG60USER said...

You two turkeys! We love reading about the trabelling, and its best to start now, and work your way back because thats how good stories work! In fact, many people might wonder how you got this swanky gig, so nows a great time to show God's good plan in the face of what many people might have risen their fists to an injustice such as grandpa faced. His plan is always better than ours.