Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nights in Arizona

Golly gee, it's beautiful weather here for August!!  Our home has a little group of seating around a cozy firepit - in the front yard!  Granpa and I like to come out here to watch the sunsets.
 

They are always different from each other and always spectacular!



After dark we look at the stars.  We're fifteen miles outside of Kingman, and there are very few lights out here.  Therefore we can see gazillions of stars!  They are fantastic!

One of our sons told us about an app:  SkyView Free.  Look!  It even outlines the constellations when I point the iPhone to the heavens, AND it lets me take pictures!!!


A scorpion is certainly apropos for Arizona seeing as how we found one in our bed the first night we were here - and another in the shower a few nights later.  They even sell them in suckers for crazy folks like me:

All over the sky, where ever I point the phone, there are beautiful constellations.  I can't quite figure out how the ancients "connected the dots" to draw the figures, but there they are!


The app even shows the Hubble Telescope and the ISS (International Space Station.)  Now that's cool!


No comments: