Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Going To The Next Level

The views from here are spectacular.


But there is still a LOT more climbing to do!  I told Granpa that if it took me six hours to get to the top I was not leaving until I made it.  But I have to tell you, they have made it as easy as possible:


And as entertaining as possible.  This is Devil's Head rock:


There are dainty little flowers on the way:


But once you reach the top of Skyline Trail it is spectacular!


Now remember, the last 17 minutes of "The Last of the Mohicans" was shot here at Chimney Rock State Park.  If you've seen the movie, what scenes might have been shot here?


No, it didn't take me six hours to get here.  All in all, I think I did pretty good - but now it's time to go back down...

I told you that they had made the "path" as easy as possible, but that is still a lot of steps!  Just think, we had just finished coming UP those steps about 20 minutes ago!  and there are more, lots and lots and lots more.  But it's been a really good day, and we are very glad we came.  We know that there is great beauty all around us and a refreshing river waiting at the bottom.



No comments: