Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butt-naked in the Arizona Desert!

Kingman seems to be centrally located to a ton of Southwestern tourist locations.  Within three or four hours driving time we can get to the south rim of the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (where we hear there are several really excellent museums), the historic mining town of Oatman, the part of the Colorado River that divides Arizona from Nevada and California is only about thirty miles away, the Hualapai Mountain park, and, yes, even the famous London Bridge that some guy bought and had disassembled in London, brought to our desert Southwest, and reassembled.

With seven days on and seven days off we can do a considerable amount of sightseeing into California, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado, too.  My goodness, we could even make a trip back to Texas and spend three days!  This may be the best gig ever!  No.  Wait.  There was that year in Hawaii, and almost a year in Virginia wasn't too bad.  Then there was that frozen winter in North Dakota that we thoroughly enjoyed...  Maybe we're just too easy to please.  All of that and a paycheck, too, makes medical traveling pretty cool.

The other day we were tootlin' down Route 66 in the middle of nowhere doing our sightseeing thing when we came upon something my eyes could have done without:  we happened upon a group of bicyclists that were butt-naked. It was really not a pretty thing to see from behind!  I would bet that those silly people had sores where sores ought not be and rosy cheeks for a week!  I do know this:  the next day I had a sore neck - probably from the whiplash I got when I realized what I was lookin' at!  One of the women was obviously embarrased to get caught in the buff because she headed off the road into some cactus.  I don't know that I would EVER be so embarrased as to go naked into the cactus...

But not all of our trips are so very revealing.  Most just expose secrets of the past...




No comments: