Friday, March 15, 2013

Finally ... Mount Rushmore!


This is it folks.  There's an interpretive center and a huge gift store, and there is this.  Granpa is delighted.  He apparently has secretly wanted to show me Mount Rushmore for years.  He saw it as a little boy, and he was determined to get me here before we got too old and decrepit to travel. (Which, at our age, will be sooner rather than later.)  He's happier than I am, I think!  We've discovered so many wonderful, fun things in our travels, but this one is really special to me, because of him.  Thank you, my sweetheart!


It's pretty cold here in February, but we almost have the place to ourselves because of that.  The Park Ranger says less than 50 people have shown up today - compared to thousands a day during the peak summer season.  I'm not big on crowds, so this is perfect!  (Well, in the winter you don't get an opportunity to take the big fancy tour.) 

George Washington

Thomas Jefferson
 
Theodore Roosevelt
 
Abraham Lincoln

No comments: