Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We are leavin' for home!

Adios, Amigos!  We are outta here!  Not that it hasn't been fun, but, as they say, "there's no place like home!"

The van is all packed - and I DO mean ALL PACKED.  No need to worry about the load shifting; there is no place to shift to!  When I was taking John to work for his last day we saw a turtle crossing the road.  "Aw, man!  I should stop and pick up that turtle for the grandkids!"  (It really was pretty, having been washed clean by last night's rains.)

John just rolled his eyes, sighed, and said, "Just where would you put it??"

I don't know if it's legal for a turtle to cross state lines.  I'd hate to get arrested for turtle-snatching.  So I reluctantly drive on, saying very quietly to myself, "He's not very big at all."  All the way to the hospital and back I kept thinking of that turtle - and if it's still there when I get back...  It wasn't - but there was this tiny little bunny rabbit...

The bedsheets are in the washing machine, all the little waste baskets are empty and the trash will be carried out on my way to pick John up.  All of the dishes are done, the oven is scrubbed, stove top cleaned, floor swept.  The refrigerator is clean, but I've had to leave all the pickles, mustard, ketchup behind.  If Cheryl doesn't want any of it, we hope she can take it to the homeless shelter here in Danville.  I've dusted. The shower is cleaned, the washbasin, and toilet.  Linens are all washed and folded and put away in the linen closet.

There are only the floors to vacumn and we're gone.

One of our agencies is trying to get us back to Hawaii - probably back to Kauai.  As I told our son:  paychecks are nice; we'll take whatever we can get.  No Occupy Wallstreeters here!  Stay tuned.  You'll know almost as soon as we do where we're headed next!


No comments: