Friday, May 18, 2012

Waiting

Waiting.   Waiting.   Waiting....

We've turned this opportunity to work over to the Lord.  (Wow.  That's so easy to say.  Not so easy to LEAVE it with Him.)  We know they have submitted John's resume to Kauai, Maui, Honolulu, and all across the mainland.  The agencies will continue to put John's resume out, so it is now just a matter of:

Waiting.   Waiting.   Waiting....

A watched pot never boils, so we're keeping busy around the house changing air conditioning filters, working flower beds, lovin' on the animals.  John has given the van a brake job replacing pads and rotors, changed the oil, worked on the ol' John Deere tractor that he bought me one year for Christmas.  (I love my big green tractor!)

Today I'll plant some tomato, squash, bell peppers.  I know.  I know.  I won't be here to harvest the crop, but that's not the point!  It's spring, and you plant a garden in the spring.  Hard to break old habits.  Maybe our son will get to eat something we plant.  Isn't that what we hope for all of our kids?  We lay some groundwork, and they get to build on it.  You know what?  Life is good.  Life is very, very good.

Waiting.   Waiting.   Waiting....

More grandkids coming this weekend.  That should certainly help to pass some time away.  The first part of next week might be resting up from having a house full over the weekend.  The rest of the week will be spent worrying about our youngest son.  He's going skydiving for the first time NEXT weekend.  Aaaiiiii !!!  I thought we taught him better than to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I guess not.

Waiting.   Waiting.    Waiting....

No comments: