Friday, March 9, 2012

Antiques vs. Antiquity

Antiquity refers to ancient times, especially those before the Middle Ages (A.D. 500 to about 1500).

Antique means existing since or belonging to earlier times.

I know I go on and on about things here on the eastern seaboard of America as being "cool" because they're 200 or 300 or even 400 years old.  I suppose that isn't too impressive to folks living in Europe where things are THOUSANDS of years old, but, this IS America.  Yes, the Native Americans have been here for THOUSANDS of years, however, there aren't a lot of structures evidencing that fact. 

So, several hundred years old is about as good as it's gonna get here. Folks around the world will just have to bear with me, show a little grace and mercy, and please, enjoy my enjoyment.  Thanks!

No comments: