Saturday, November 12, 2011

Feedback. Feedback. Feedback.

I'm not getting any feedback from you guys.  I mean, I'm getting great numbers in my stats, but no comments, no questions.  Let's see, I must not be boring you to death or my numbers wouldn't keep growing and growing.  But I wonder if I'm exciting any curiosity about the places we go.  Don't you want to know the names of the companies that we travel for?  They're the ones making all of this possible.  (Well, them and God.)  Do you have any traveler questions we might be able to answer for you?

I'm going to keep doing this regardless.  It all started because of GSR's. (That stands for Grandparent Status Reports.)  Our kids and grandkids and other family members can check in on us at any time by virtue of the ol' blog.  I get to share a smattering of vacation photos (OH NO! THE DREADED VACATION PICTURES!!!!) and a lil' chit-chat about what we've been up to.

But, what about y'all?  Want more pictures?  less?  More information on a particular topic? or are you Googling your own?  ARE YOU LEARNING ANYTHING?  We homeschooled our sons (wa-a-a-a-y before homeschooling was cool - or even legal) and one of the reasons was because I love watching them learn.  Have you ever consciously "watched" someone learn?  I mean, anticipate a learning moment and actually watched their little minds "get it."  Scrunched up lil' faces agonizing over a word or a concept, then, suddenly relax all of those muscles, and the light bulb effect kicks in?  It is such a JOY to me to know someone LEARNED!  Now THAT's fun stuff.  So, are you learning anything?

We are.  We are history buffs.  We've lived a fairly long time.  We've learned a bit in school, through movies, books, previous vacations.  But with all that we've absorbed over the years, we constantly have "Ah-ha" moments now.  "Who knew," has become one of our most frequent comments to each other.  We're learning the most interesting things in the strangest of locations.  There is so much out here in the world that we are literally tripping over it.

They say that if you want to delay the onset of Alzheimer's keeping the mind active is a major way to do that.  We figure we've put off the Alzheimer's until maybe the next CENTURY now! 

So, come on, guys, click the ol' "Comment" button at the bottom of the blog and give us some feedback!  Who are you people?

No comments: