Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sometimes...

This was posted on Facebook today.  My response was, "My ears are burning..."

I've posted almost 700 articles on this blog.  That's almost daily for over two years.  I don't think I have revealed very many of my trials and tribulations during that time - and there have been many. I'm going through a pretty big one right now.
 
But my preference in life is to count my blessings - and to recount them.  I think you probably have enough troubles of your own without listening to mine.  If I do mention my not-so-good times I try to do it in a humorous way because that helps lessen the pain, and it lets you know you are not alone in the world of misfortune.


There are struggles that I have that even Granpa knows nothing about - things like a momma's sadness that would seem silly to a man.  Daily, sometimes hourly, I have to remind myself to "let go and let God."  Our children are grown and have lives and wives, and Momma is no longer relevant enough to warrant the time and energy it takes to put up with her worries.  I am so proud that our sons stand on their own two feet and take such good care of their wives and families!

But a momma is a momma and will always love her children.  There's an old adage:  A son is a son until he takes a wife; a daughter is a daughter all of her life.  God gave me sons.  Now I count on God to give me strength to fight the battles that nobody knows about.

You, my friends, help me to stay focused on counting those blessings and make it possible to enjoy each day God's way!  Thank you!


No comments: