Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Patience

Tomorrow is our last day in Kingman.  You'd think I'd be busy packing today, but considering everything we have to pack is what we use every day, I can't very well pack it all up.  I could pack clothes in the suitcase - but we use the suitcases as bedside tables.  The bathroom stuff is what we use every day, ditto kitchen, ditto office...

So tomorrow I will spend the day packing.  The good news is, since we only bring what we use every day, there's really not that much to pack.  It's amazing what one can do without.

Granpa's resume has been sent out to Florida, Ohio, a couple of places in California, a different location in Arizona, one closer to home in Oklahoma ... so a contract could come through at any moment.  In fact, we could go east halfway to home and the phone rings sending us west to California.  Que sera, sera.

But, just in case we do make it all the way home, I have contacted our school district's school bus administrator to let her know I'm available to drive Monday.  You know, when I tell folks I have my CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and drive a school bus, they look at me like I have two heads.  What's up with that??  Tis no small thing to pilot one of those monsters through towns and down rural roads - with almost 100 active kiddos wanting off.  A little respect here!  And if someone's gotta do it, I'd just soon it be someone who cares about the kids having a good start and finish to their educational day.



If you like our blog, you can buy the book forms on Amazon under the “Heritage Travels” titles. There are Kindle versions, also.

You can also "subscribe" for free by clicking on the broadcast icon at the top right corner or by bringing out the right hand toolbar and clicking on that icon at the bottom of the list.  It will put that icon on your toolbar at the top of your browser screen.  I try to post every day - it'd be a shame for you to miss one!

 On your iPhone, you can create an app by "adding to home screen," bookmark it, or add it to your Reading List, share it on Twitter or Facebook.  Any way you do it, it's free!

No comments: