Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paperwork

Being a medical traveler requires a LOT of paperwork.  Think if you changed jobs every 13 weeks (give or take) how much paperwork you'd have to complete.  Well, that's what's required.  Now, I type about 93 wpm (words per minute); Granpa types about 20.  Guess who gets to fill in all of the blanks and guess who just has to sign at the bottom of the page.  Yuppers.  I type; he signs.  Skill related, financial related, health related, HIPPA, happa, and a hoppa.  It all has to be done, done and re-done.  Over and over and over.  Used to all that was needed is to submit a resume.  Now we have to submit everything but the kitchen sink!

It's okay by me.  I have everything saved to a single file, and uploading is a cinch.  Even if I'm not allowed to upload all the info, I pull it up on one side of the screen with the form that needs to be completed on the other side, and I just type away.  I simply canNOT image what it must be like for someone who's not a fast typist or computer savvy!

And so, I have been doing my Director of Operations thing and working on getting into compliance with this stuff.  If the government IS spying on all of us, it must be a real challenge to keep tabs on Granps and I.  I love it!


No comments: