Monday, February 20, 2012

Virginia Snow - Finally!

They said it would start at 3 p.m. - and it started at EXACTLY 3 p.m.  (Well, there was a flurry that morning while we were at church, and our landlord sent us a text to let us know it was FINALLY snowing, but after that lil' flurry it didn't snow again until 3.) 

As it began to snow in the afternoon the birds began flocking to the feeder.  Occasionally we see two birds at a time on the feeder, but today it wasn't unusual to see three.  I guess they were stocking up just in case...

They were very active and catching them sitting still was pretty hard.  This one we caught in flight (look at the top of the feeder.)








The deer came out during the heaviest snowfall.



This is our landlord's home from our driveway.  Jerry built this house himself!  There is a den underground that you can't see from the front, but it's accessible from the outside around back.  Looks snuggy warm right now!






Sunrise this morning showed crystal clear skies.


I took John to work so that I could do some grocery shopping this morning.  (Yeah, right!)  The snow plows came by, (yes, even on these rural roads!) and the drive to work was pretty simple.  We drove pretty slow in case we did find patches of ice - and it let me look at the scenery.






As I was coming home I took some more pictures.



Coming up the driveway







   Our farmhouse from the road





 .
I love wood fence rails - especially snow covered.
The high today is supposed to be 45, so I expect all this snow to be gone by the time John gets off of work.  I hope it's all off of the roads too, because it's going down to 25 tonight...



No comments: