Thursday, February 9, 2012

BTV

BTV (Had to match the GTT) Back to Virginia:

I left Tyler, Texas at 5 a.m. Wednesday and arrived back in Danville, Virginia Thursday noon.  I might maybe have driven nonstop except I got to Atlanta, Georgia during evening "rush" hour and was stuck in traffic interminably!  So, I surrendered and got a room at my favorite place, Country Inn and Suites.  (Golly those places are nice for the price!)

So this is how the trip went:

8:15 a.m., Shreveport, Louisiana

10:45 a.m., Mississippi

1:25 p.m., Alabama

4:50 p.m., Georgia - Back to Eastern Standard Time - lost an hour :-(

7:45 p.m.  Stopped for the night in Buford, Georgia
7:15 a.m.  On the road again

8:20 a.m.,  South Carolina

9:50 a.m., North Carolina

12:30 p.m., Virginia - 13 GPS miles to the house

12:55 p.m.,  I "have arrived," as Lil' Miss GPS would say.

Unload the van, sort through the stuff, turn up the thermostats, (GOTTA go potty!) set up the laptop, and here I am!  I'll be checking in daily now.  Hope you got to read through some old posts while I was galavanting around...

No comments: