Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Do you miss me yet?


Please forgive my absence, but I've been really busy...

In seven days (including a weekend), while in Texas I have managed to:

love on my horses and donkey, cats and dogs, the goats, duck (a Crested Mallard that came to us as a itty-bitty baby and now things he's a goat), chickens, and guineas (first things first, you know!),

managed to see several doctors,
have lab work done,
prescriptions filled,
meet with an appraiser to get the house refinanced at 3.25%,
wheel hub bearings replaced on the van, had engine belts replaced, oil change (Mike's Automotive),
buy new tires (Discount Tire),
get the state inspection done ($14.50) (Allen's),
did some banking,
bought a wireless antenna for an old computer so it would be wi-fi-able ($15.00),
arranged for a new compressor for the house air conditioner (under warranty),
bought a new vacumn cleaner,
had carpets steam cleaned,
cleaned house from top to bottom (and I DO mean cleaned!),
went through my closet and dresser and am giving (literally) 3/4th of the stuff to our local church clinic to share with patients in need,

I should stay and wash the windows of the house, (no small chore since there a TON of them, but it's a wrap-around porch, so I don't have to crawl through bushes or fight fireants!), but I'm ever-so-ready to get back to John.  It may be another few days before you hear from me again because I'll be driving - and it takes 20 hours to get back to Virginia...

No comments: