Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Realtime Arizona Cowboys

We leave on yet another road trip and, as always, are on the lookout for things to photograph and keeping our eyes open for God's blessing.

Suddenly I realize what I'm seeing taking place right on the side of the Interstate:  an honest-to-goodness cowboy cattle roundup!


Quick as he (safely) can, Granpa pulls over, hops out, and goes for the photo op.  I realize that he's pretty "zoomed out," so I suggest we back up.  (Aargh! he thinks to himself - I can read it in his body language.)  So he hops back in and when there's no one coming down the Interstate he runs back.


Much better!  But I wish we'd gotten there before they got them all in the corral.  (Complain, complain, complain...)


Lots of zoom.  I like it!  Uh, oh.  We've been spotted by the guy in the black hat!  (Why couldn't it have been on of the white hats??  Are we in trouble?  What if they are rustlers!)

Much to our surprise (or maybe not) the guys start to stir the cattle up.  I think they're showin' off for us!  LOL!)


The following Sunday we mention this episode to our Bible Study class and our teacher, Chris, is pretty certain his son is one of this bunch.  So cool!




If you like our blog, you can "subscribe" for free by clicking on the broadcast icon at the top right corner or by bringing out the right hand toolbar and clicking on that icon at the bottom of the list.  It will put that icon on your toolbar at the top of your browser screen.  I try to post every day - it'd be a shame for you to miss one!  On your iPhone, you can create an app by "adding to home screen," bookmark it, or add it to your Reading List, share it on Twitter or Facebook.  Any way you do it, it's free!

No comments: