Monday, December 2, 2013

Crested Saguaro

Feeling a good bit of disappointment (and I'm sorry I encouraged Granpa to take the time out of his visit to Sedona to make a run through here), we hit the road again.

God is good, though, all the time!  This scenic route is truly scenic - probably made more so by the disappointment of the National Park.  However, I always enjoy learning, so the Park wasn't a total loss.

We're rollin' down the highway, and all of a sudden I holler out, "Stop, stop."  Well, Granpa never, ever slams on the brakes.  (Good for him!)  When he manages to safely pull to a stop on the shoulder of this two lane highway in the middle of nowhere I convince him that I am convinced that I saw a crested saguaro.  Thinking it was only a few hundred feet back that I said, "Stop!" he puts it in reverse (he's an excellent reverse-er) and runs back a couple hundred feet.  I'm straining my eyeballs out but just not seeing what I saw.  Again, we are in the middle of nowhere - which is good because there is no traffic coming or going.  Granpa continues on in reverse.

Finally I surrender, and admit I must have been wrong.  (Golly.  How many more times am I going to impose on Granpa's good humor??)  As we shift our eyes forward we see a wonderful bird of prey (an Osprey maybe?) on a telephone/power pole and Granpa stops for a photo op:



My eyes are still intent on looking for that crested saguaro ... and there it is!  Just hangin' out on the side of the road - a crested saguaro!!  Isn't it amazing !?!

God is so very, very good - all the time! 

Personally, I think that God put that Osprey on that pole at that moment in time so that I could find that crested saguaro!



If you like our blog, you can "subscribe" for free by clicking on the broadcast icon at the top right corner or by bringing out the right hand toolbar and clicking on that icon at the bottom of the list.  It will put that icon on your toolbar at the top of your browser screen.  I try to post every day - it'd be a shame for you to miss one!  On your iPhone, you can create an app by "adding to home screen," bookmark it, or add it to your Reading List, share it on Twitter or Facebook.  Any way you do it, it's free!


No comments: