Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Gem Collection

At the same Smithsonian (there are a bunch of 'em) we find a collection of crystals and gems - including the infamous Hope Diamond.



I thought about telling everyone that Granpa bought some of these for me for an early 30th wedding anniversary, (He really WOULD like to) but he knows I'm not a fru-fru kinda girl.  When we first got married he wanted to buy me jewelry and was frustrated when I kept saying I only need one watch, one set of earrings, and two finger rings - and with our wedding ring, I already had all I wanted.

On the other hand, green IS my favorite color...

Now what is this collection of rocks doing here?  I see no crystals or gems...



(Gotta read the sign, Granma.)  These guys fluoresce under a black light.  Push the button and...


How cool is that!


No comments: