Thursday, June 20, 2013

Charming "The Travelers Two"

Now why didn't I think of this earlier?  Several times I have suggested that you check out one of my earlier posts and left it to you to search for it.  Then it dawns on me that, since I know our blog better than anyone, I could find that post much quicker, copy the URL and put a direct link to it in the new post.  Take yesterday for example:

We visited Asheville when Granpa was contracted with Danville Regional back in 2011.  Go to our earlier posts (http://thetravelerstwo.blogspot.com/2011/12/asheville-north-carolina.html) and read about the origins of Asheville, their role in the Civil War (or lack of it)... and then check out the posts about the Biltmore Estate...

Now, the posts about the Biltmore Estate are a different matter - there's about a half-dozen or so.  Hmmm.  Well, try this, I say to myself, and it works like a charm:  go to the "Search" field in the top right-hand corner of the blog, type in the word "Biltmore" and it will give you a cascade list of all the posts mentioning that word!

Wow.  If you were to type the word "Union" or "Rebel" it must give you a list a mile long!  The lists for "French and Indian War" or "American Revolution" would be much shorter.  With over 500 posts to search it could take you awhile to find what you might be looking for - unless you use the Search field.

So I went back to yesterday's post and updated it to include the URL and information about how to search for a particular subject.

My, my.  I learn something every day!  I love it!!


No comments: