Sunday, May 10, 2015

Back to Three Rivers

It was pretty cold today - cold enough that I wish I'd brought my ski jacket instead of the lightweight one.  We had hoped that it would snow at least a few flakes, too.  But we've reached the time of day that we should turn around and head back to the hotel.  The hike up from General Sherman at 7,000 feet about did me in - and I think I noticed Granpa was just as happy for the rest stops as I was.

Being ready to head back does by no means the end of the picture taking.  My momma always said turning around simply shows you the views missed.  And so it is.

It seems that hot tubs were not invented recently.  I suspect that this one has been around for eons.


I don't know what individual parts of this photo I like best, but I certainly like the whole thing!  The rocks alone are exquisite!  God is amazing in the detail that He has put in our surroundings for no other reason that to amaze us.  Thank you, Lord!


Granpa has found a buck who's lost his horns over the winter, but if you look closely you can see them beginning to form again.


And the beauty just keeps coming.


Coming up next:  Hospital Rock

No comments: