Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Kindred Spirits

John and I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful surprises that pop up during our travels.  We found this in a teeny-tiny town at a sort-of rest stop.  I thought it was beautiful, and I thought it spoke volumes about women of all times.


KINDRED SPIRITS

Their lives made kindred spirits of these women of the west.
They shared the pain and joy of America's conquest.

They prove their strength and courage with raw intensity;
Raised a family in the wild through great adversity.

I'm proud of every ounce of blood that comes from them to me,
The example of America as it was and is to be.


We found this beautiful piece of artwork and verse on US Highway 287 in Colorado just a few miles from where the Sand Creek Massacre occurred in 1864.  U.S. troops killed over 150 Cheyenne and Arapaho men, women and children at Sand Creek.  Movies have been made about it.

You know, there were a lot of people who were wronged back then --- and there are a lot of people right now that are being wronged.  I think that's why my faith is so important to me.  When all is said and done, "Is that all there is?"  With my faith in Christ and the salvation for eternity that He gives if we just believe in Him and His sacrifice, no, that is NOT all there is.

Man's inhumanity to man will continue for all time, but I have Christ in every fiber of my being - and will for all time.  You can, too.  All you have to do is Admit, Believe, and Confess your sins.  Ask Jesus to forgive you and to come into your heart.  From that day forward you will continue to struggle with right and wrong, but you will fight with the strength of God Almighty.



If you're having trouble with the Comment feature, please feel free to use our blog email
to reach us.

No comments: