Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tucumcari Snowfall

Though Tucumcari, New Mexico is only at an elevation of 4,000 feet, 
we woke up to a couple of inches of snow.  


It was anticipated, so Granpa was up and down all night long watching the snowfall and estimating the accumulation.  It was, in my opinion, just enough to make for beautiful photos.

The roads were clear, so we had the best of both worlds.


Most of New Mexico received some accumulation.  We had a beautiful drive to the Arizona border.


As we neared the state line, Granpa asked me to find the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Park on the map.  Huh?  I'm walking around with a (literally) freakin' eyeball, and he wants to go sightseeing.  Hello!  I am the sight!

Oh, well.  We're here.  Might as well take a look-see.  I wasn't prepared for what we saw ...


No comments: