Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Film Crew - A Surreal Experience

It's our last day at the Bed & Breakfast.  A film crew has taken over the house, and I'm not quite sure what will be taking place.  By now, however, you should know me - I'm game for just about anything.  I've been told that they will be shooting scenes for an album cover, artist unknown - but he's famous.

A young lady shows up at the door much earlier than expected.  She's one of the models.  Of course I welcome her, show her to the parlor, offer refreshments.  It's lunchtime, and I ask if she's had lunch.  "No," she says, "and I really am hungry."  I offer her several things - including our left over's from last night, hamburger and cabbage.  Surprisingly she wanted our leftovers.  Thus began a very odd day.




Within the hour the rest of the models and film crew arrived.  There was hair-styling to do and makeup.



 


Racks of clothing came in with the wardrobe lady.  Lots of variety - but most of them pretty risque!  (This Christian lady is gettin' a wee bit nervous.)






The photographer/director has now arrived.  After showing him the fabulous rooms of the Bed & Breakfast he seems most intrigued with the antique footed tub.  With the surrounding shower curtain, it is beautiful!

I retreat to our parlor for awhile, but soon decide to venture out with our camera for behind-the-scene shots.  The crew has indeed moved up to the bathroom.  As luck would have it (and unbeknownst to the crew) there is an auspiciously placed mirror ...


Is that a bottle of Jack Daniels?!  And the reflection lady is holding a bottle of wine? and a cigar? Mercy me! 
 And trust me, you don't want to see a full shot of that model!

However, they soon move outside for something a bit more tame.  (Thank you, dear Jesus!)


After one more serving of our hamburger and cabbage, the crew begins to leave.  Whew!  I don't know about them, but I'm exhausted! 

Our time at the most magnificent Oxford Bed and Breakfast is done.  We shall be moving on in the morning with not just a pocket full of experiences but an entire basket full!


No comments: